“The guitar beautifies all genres of music, provided that they are well performed.”
“The perfect execution of a simple piece deserves more admiration than the faulty interpretation of a difficult piece.”
“It is known that technique should not be an end in itself, but a necessary means to achieve artistic perfection.”
Emili Pujol Contest
Emili Pujol International Guitar Competition is a classical guitar interpretation contest for guitarists up to the age of 35, with the purpose of knowing and illustrating, within guitar literature, their compositional work.
- The Iluminario Association, organizer of the Emili Pujol International Guitar Competiton, announces the First edition that will take place in La Granadella on July 26 and 28, 2019.
- The Contest is open to guitarists up to 35 years of age, without distinction of nationality.
- The Contest will take place in the auditorium of the Civic Center of La Granadella (Lleida), where the presentation and draw for the order of participation will take place on Friday, July 26 at 4:00 pm. Non-attendance of the contestant implies automatic disqualification.
- Travel, accommodation, and meals will be the responsibility of the participants. Accommodations with significant discounts will be facilitated to those registered.
- Participants waive any right to recordings that may be made during the Contest.
- Registration for the Contest implies acceptance of the rules and the final decision of the jury.
- Registration also entitles attendance to the concerts in a preferential and totally free way.
- Everything that is not specified in the rules is not the responsibility of the Organizing Committee.
- The corresponding tax withholding according to the current legislation will be applied to the amounts granted as Prizes.
- The prizes may increase. Their concretion will be informed until the end of the registration period.
The Contest consists of two stages:
FIRST ROUND – QUALIFICATION: For all participants.
- “La libélula”, Emili Pujol
- Una obra de libre elección de máximo 8 minutos de duración
SECOND ROUND – FINAL: For the three qualified participants.
- “Tango”, Emili Pujol
- One free choice piece with a maximum duration of 12 minutes.
The following prizes will be awarded:
- 1st PRIZE: 1,500 Euros and Honorary Diploma
Concert in the ninth edition of Garrigues Guitar Festival Memorial Emili Pujol 2020
Concert in Art Llobet 2020, Barcelona Arts and Guitar Festival
- 2nd PRIZE: 1,000 Euros and Honorary Diploma
- 3rd PRIZE: 500 Euros and Honorary Diploma
The registration request will be made electronically.
Registration deadline: Sunday, July 14, 2019. A maximum of 20 participants will be selected.
The registration fee is 50 Euros, which must be paid by bank transfer (indicating full name) to:
- CAIXABANK IBAN:
ES56 2100 5516 8121 0016 3620
- CAIXABANK IBAN Internacional: ES56 2100 5516 8121 0016 3620 SWIFT/BIC: CAIXESBBXXX
- PAYPAL: email@example.com
- CAIXABANK IBAN: